What’s Your Connection?
In May of 2015, our Vestry spent a concerted time in a strategic planning process. After prayer and conversation, they set five strategic goals, the next steps they believed God was calling the people of St. John’s to take:
- We want to grow the parish family to an annual Sunday attendance of 300 by the end of 2017.
- We want every member to be active in a parish ministry through which God is touching and transforming lives; and we want to raise up new leaders for these ministries.
- We need to refurbish and renew our facilities and infrastructure in order to enhance, accommodate, and sustain our growth.
- We want to embrace the school more fully as an outreach of the parish and open our doors wider to school families who need a Christ-centered community like ours.
- We need to give renewed attention to our annual stewardship season so that we will have the best resources in place to do the Lord’s work. We especially need the next generation of givers to take their place as leaders in this endeavor.
These goals still remain our focus.
“Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7