WELCOME TO ST. JOHN’S
We see new folks every week at St. John’s.
If you are planning to check us out, I hope this page gives you a sense of who we are and what you might expect when you join us.
Who we are
- We are a church that nurtures faith (meeting each person where he or she is, wherever one might be on the spiritual journey) inspires hope (through preaching, teaching, and music that hits home with heads and hearts) all within a community that is growing in love (with God and one another). Read more about our mission and values.
- Get to know our church’s leadership.
- Check out the history of our parish.
- Listen to a sermon.
- We have three weekend service:
- See our full worship schedule, which includes a more detailed description of our services.
- For all services and most events our Nursery is available for children 5 years old and younger.
What might you expect at worship?
- Our Sunday services are Rite 1 and our Saturday evening service is Rite 2. If you are new to liturgical worship (or if the preceding sentence makes no sense to you) check out our Worship Q&A page.
- In order to help you find your way, here is a map to get you to the church and around our campus.
Where can you find out more about what Episcopalians and Anglicans believe?
- Check out our Episcopal Q&A page.
What’s going on besides church?
- From September through May, we have a full schedule of Sunday School offerings to encourage spiritual growth among all ages.
- We have a fantastic choir and music program including our annual Concerts at St. John’s series.
- The parish offers many opportunities for you to use your God given gifts and make a difference in the world.
- Go to the calendar to see any special events that are around the corner.
How’d we do? Do you have a question or inquiry not covered by the above? By all means, send us an email.
Finally, if you join us for worship or another event, please be sure to say hello and introduce yourself to me. We look forward to getting to know you.
Fr. David Houk, rector